Road to Miss USA 2013:
Sarah Westbrook was crowned Miss Vermont USA 2013 on Sunday night of November 18, 2012. The beauty from Burlington is 24 years old and stands 5’7″. She will represent Vermont in the Miss USA 2013 beauty pageant, competing for the right to represent the United States in the Miss Universe 2013.
>>> Sophia Hadeka Crowned Miss Vermont Teen USA 2013
>>> Miss USA 2013 Contestants
Sarah Westbrook being crowned Miss Vermont USA 2013
Sarah Westbrook (L) was Crowned Miss Vermont USA 2013
Sarah (L) will represent Vermont in the Miss USA 2013 beauty pageant
Sarah was the second runner-up in the Miss Vermont USA 2012 pageant and the first runner-up in 2010, and is the fourth consecutive former runner-up to win the title.
Sarah is an “ACEfitness Certified Group Fitness/Personal Trainer (and) IIN Health/Wellness Coach.” She is a graduate of Simsbury High School and Community College of Vermont, and is currently attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and working as a group fitness instructor. With her degree she hopes to pursue her goals of becoming a certified health and wellness coach and certified trainer. Sarah believes she is an eternal optimist. She is capable of”… always remaining positive despite any circumstances” and has the ability to motivate others easily. Her favorite hobbies include Zumba classes, traveling, hiking, attending music festivals, karaoke and living a healthy and active lifestyle. She describes herself as genuine, confident and ambitious.
Miss Vermont USA 2013 results:
Miss Vermont USA 2013 – Sarah Westbrook (2RU 12, NF 11, 1RU 10)
1st runner-up – Kandi Clark (1RU 12, 1RU 11, 2RU 10, 2RU 09)
2nd runner-up – Caroline Kemp (NF NY USA 12)
3rd runner-up – Catherine Trudell (4RU 12)
4th runner-up – Sarah Stenson (T10 VT TUSA 10, T12 VT TUSA 09)
As the state pageant winner, Sarah will receive:
– A Four-year Academic Scholarship valued at $45,600 to Lindenwood University of St. Charles, Missouri
– A 20% tuition scholarship from the New York Film Academy, valued range between $760 to $16,800, for its short-term workshops and one or two-year programs
– Appearance opportunities representing sponsors and charitable organizations as Miss Vermont USA 2013
– Representation by MMG, an International Model, Talent and Celebrity Management Company and Agency headquartered in New York City, with offices in Toronto and Vancouver and affiliates in LA. MMG will also arrange for a photo shoot; provide 100 professional comp cards; and provide a website modeling portfolio for 1 year.
– Representation by Reflections Model and Talent Agency as a model/spokesperson in the Tennessee market (primarily Nashville); including coaching in the modeling and acting industry
– Pageant Associates will coordinate and oversee our winner’s preparation for the MISS USA Pageant utilizing the skills of some of pageantry’s most respected professionals and firms
– Her personal choice of the evening gown she will wear for the MISS USA Pageant competition sponsored by The Crowning Touch Boutique of New Bedford, MA
– A designer cocktail dress provided by Nime Jamal Couture
– A jewelry collection from Jim Ball Designs
– A gift award for $500 of products from Rain Cosmetics
Vermont is one of the least successful states in Miss USA system. There has been only one Miss USA from Vermont – Carlene King Johnson in 1955. The most recent semi-finalist was Georgia Marie Davis in 1982. Despite their lack of competition success, Vermont has won five Miss Congeniality awards, two more than any other state.
Courtesy of Miss Vermont USA website.