The Preliminary Competition is a first look at all 51 contestants in their swimsuit and evening gown. A panel of distinguished judges will help select the contestants who will move on to the semifinals, which will be announced LIVE during the 2013 MISS USA® primetime telecast on June 16.
Miss USA 2013 Contestants in Swimsuit.
The live stream of The Preliminary Competition began on Wednesday, June 12 at 7 p.m. PT (10 p.m. ET). All 51 contestants will walk the stage competing in swimsuit and evening gown.
The panel of judges for the Preliminary Competition includes:
1. Andrea Calvaruso, Partner at Law Firm Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
2. Lynne Diamante, CEO and Founder of OPTX rhode island
3. Fred Nelson, President/Executive Producer of People’s Choice Awards
4. Nick Light, Sr. Vice President of Artist Development and Touring at RCA Records
5. Kristin Prouty, Entertainment Relations Executive, WWE
6. Rob Goldstone, Founder Oui2 PR
7. Kristin Boehm, News Director, PEOPLE
Some photos from the Prelims:
Miss Alabama USA 2013 Mary Margaret McCord in her evening gown
Miss Alabama USA 2013 Mary Margaret McCord in Swimsuit
Miss California USA 2013 Mabelynn Capeluj in her Evening Gown
Miss Florida USA 2013 Michelle Aguirre in her Evening Gown
Miss South Carolina USA 2013 Megan Pinckney in Swimsuit
Miss Texas USA 2013 Alexandria Nugent in Swimsuit
Miss USA 2013 Swimsuit Preliminaries